Wednesday, September 9, 2015

The Card Concept #39 {Daisies}

Welcome to The Card Concept! Each week we offer up a challenge for you to try, and we hope that you will create a card in one of the styles we have offered here.  The team is divided into the different styles and each designer explains how they were inspired by the challenge!  So come and join us and try your hand at a brand new "style" of card making or work in your comfort zone, it is totally up to you!

Before we get to our challenge, I would like to welcome Alison Barclay to our team! Alison is joining us as a Clean & Graphic designer! Hooray!



Hi! My name is Alison (aka Gothdove Designs) and I live in Brisbane, Australia. I have been a card maker for about 10 years and fell in love with stamping about 3 years ago when I realised just how wonderful and creative stamping is! My style is generally "clean and simple" and I like lots of white space! My other creative world is music...my husband is a drummer and drumming teacher and I work in as an arts administrator for our state orchestra. I'm also a loving (and exhausted) mum to my beautiful two little men who are 4 & 2 years old. I am SO excited to be part of the Card Concept Design Team!


Feel free to use any of the styles of our team or better yet, share you own style by combining one or more of the styles. We want you to have fun and make a card in a style that you feel good about!

The styles are explained HERE.


The designers have entered their cards below and they have explained the style they used and the way they were inspired...


August Clean & Layered Guest Designer Kim Singdahlsen

This month we are focusing on Clean and Layered designs. Clean & Layered Designs are distinct with their clean lines, layers, dimension and lots of lovely white space. For the month of September we have the very talented Kim Singdahlsen from Joyful Creations with Kim joining us as our September Guest Designer.


I live in Parker, Colorado with my husband, two teen boys, a dog and two cats.  I am a former actuary (the mathematics of insurance) who has had the gift of being able to stay home and raise my boys for the last fifteen years. I recently graduated with a new accounting degree so I can move back into an outside career.  Being surrounded by men at home and by numbers at work, is it any wonder that I am passionately in love with creating cards - a rainbow of colors, glitter, ribbon and stamps - and a wonderful online community?  The Card Concept is one of my favorite communities and challenges, and I am thrilled to be this month's guest designer.

Kim Singdahlsen from Joyful Creations with Kim 


Clean & Simple

Sandie


I was inspired by the flowers and colours
I was inspired by the lovely combination of aqua and yellow.



Clean & Graphic

Clean & Layered

I was inspired by the sweet daisies along with the colors.

*Laurie Schmidt
The colors and flowers inspired me.


Shabby Chic


 I found inspiration this week from the pretty daisies and the beautiful aqua flower box!
My inspiration came from the daisies and overall Summer feel of the inspiration photo.

Freestyle Collage

Laura Jane
I was inspired by the colors and sweet tiny flowers.

Michele K. Henderson

My inspiration came from a cascade of tiny flowers and the opening of the box.

Classy & Elegant

Vicki Burdick
I was inspired by the colors and flowers.

Mackie
I was inspired by the pretty daisies and their pretty blue box!

Mixed Media

Our Rules
  1. Use the Challenge to create a card.
  2. Choose one of the design team "styles" to create your card. Click HERE for the different styles summary.
  3. Explain in your post which style you used.
  4. Link up your blog post here, not your whole blog.
  5. Comment on the card ahead of you and behind you in the linky. Everyone loves comments!

This challenge will end on Monday, September 21st at Noon (PST).


4 comments:

  1. Such a pretty image and your design team really knocked it out of the park!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back! You were missed. Hope you had a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore this inspiration photo and so happy to play along this week. Fabulous cards by your designers, too. I love Kim's work and am happy that she is guesting this challenge.

    ReplyDelete